The English language is made to order for typographical errors and terrors. This is because of the vast number of words whose meanings can be radically altered by the addition, omission, or transposition of a single letter.
Here are some actual examples from newspapers….
1. “Tomorrow we may expect strong northwest winds reaching a gal in exposed places”.
2. “They were married and lived happily even after”.
3. In a personal column: “Josephine, please take me back. It was just a passing fanny. Your George.”
4. “Mrs. Dwyer has been raising birds for many years and is credited with having the largest parateets in the state”.
5. “Join a friendly professional team at Newport Hospital. Various 8, 10, and 12 hour shits are available. Excellent benefits package”.